- Rather than make plain pancakes, dress them up by adding pineapple juice for half the liquid in a pancake mix. Add some flaked coconut as well and top with a berry syrup.
- Serve waffles with a fruit cream. Puree 1/2 to 1 C fruit and fold into some whipped topping.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut french toast into the shape of flowers.
- Add 1/4 t of vanilla (or other extracts) to hot chocolate. Top with whipped topping flavored with the same extract.
- Even if you do something simple, add a note to let Mom know how much you appreciate her.
- Garnish the plate with a few of her favorite candies (Hey; it’s Mothers’ Day. Candy after breakfast is totally acceptable).
- Add fresh berries to everything (pancakes, waffles, french toast, cereal, oatmeal and even juice).
- Serve the meal on special dishes.
Being a mom is the most important job in the world. Happy Mothers’ Day to all you moms out there!