This is a recipe my mother-in-law made at a picnic. It’s so delicious and addicting. It’s perfect with tortilla chips or crackers, but all I need is my face and the bowl. YUM!!!
In a colander, drain and rinse:
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans (I thought I had black beans and didn’t, so I used a can of pinto beans instead, which was also delicious. Despite my husband’s original claim that pinto beans are just a cheap imitation of black beans, he enjoyed it with the pinto beans as well).
Put the beans and corn in a large bowl and add:
- 6 or 7 chopped roma tomatoes – They key to this part is to get the tomatoes about the same size as the beans and corn.
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 4 or 5 green onions – The easiest way I’ve found to chop green onions is to clip them with kitchen shears, similar to how you clip chives.
Toss this mixture together.
Then in a small bowl, combine:
- 1 package powdered Italian dressing mix
- the zest of one lime (this is optional, but I think it makes it even better!)
- the juice of two limes
Pour this mixture over the salsa and toss. Cover the bowl and put it in the fridge so all the flavors can combine.