Here are a few of my favorite appetizers to serve at any gathering. They are also simple and fast, which is especially helpful.
Chestnut bacon wraps
- 2 cans whole water chestnuts (usually found in the Asian food isle)
- 1 package turkey bacon
- 2 1/2 C bottled barbecue sauce
- 2 1/2 C honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drain chestnuts and cut bacon slices in half (do this while it’s still in the package and one cut will slice all the bacon at once.
- Wrap half a slice of bacon around the water chestnut and secure it with a toothpick. Place wrapped chestnuts on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Combine barbecue sauce and honey and pour over wrapped chestnuts.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until sauce is caramelized (the bacon will be a bit dark around the edges.
- Put them on a platter and guests can eat them using the toothpick securing the bacon.
The next two come from the Food Network.