As is obvious by this site, I love dessert! I love making it, eating it and sharing it. But obviously I can’t make full-calorie desserts every day. Here is a recipe for a delicious pie to cure your sweet craving without banishing you to a week of sweat pants. I got the original recipe from my mother-in-law. I’ve made the regular version several times, but here is a lower-calorie option that is still super delicous!
Low Fat Cream Pie
- 1 3-oz package sugar free flavored gelatin (I like lime and orange).
- 1/4 C hot water
- 2 6-oz containers lite yogurt (use the same flavor as the gelatin).
- 8 oz thawed lite whipped topping
- 1 pre-made 8-oz reduced fat graham cracker crust
- Pour hot water on gelatin and whisk until dissolved. Let cool a bit, but do not let set.
- Whisk in yogurt.
- Fold in whipped topping and spread into crust.
- Refrigerate at least two hours.
That’s it! I love this recipe because it is fast, easy and low-calorie/fat.