I try not to eat after 7 p.m., but after the kids go to bed and I actually have a few minutes to relax, I immediately want a treat. Rather than break out a package of oreos, I drink some diet hot chocolate. Here is the recipe I use. I got the base recipe from my mom, but I added to it to give it a bit of kick.
Creamy Diet Hot Chocolate
- 2 C Splenda
- 2 C Sugar-free Hazelnut Coffee Creamer
- 3/4 to 1 C Cocoa (depending on how much chocolate you like. One cup makes it really dark chocolate).
- 1/2 t Cayenne Pepper
- 1 T Cinnamon
- Sift cocoa into a large bowl (this helps to break up the lumps)
- Add remaining ingredients and mix with a whisk until combined.
- Add two heaping tablespoons to 8 oz hot water (or really however much you want. I tend to overdo it and I don’t think my husband uses enough) and mix well.
I love having this on hand. It gives me a treat at night without the guilt.